Free Fonts for Teachers
• Billy Bear has some cute ones, including a great manuscript tracing font called "Zyia Learns Letters."
• Better Font shows you a convenient preview of each font. There are some really cool ones here!
• You can turn any font into a "hollow" shape for coloring. Just look in your font options menu for "shadow" or "outline."
• Speaking of coloring, there are hundreds of "dingbat" fonts - fonts that make pictures instead of letters. Type a letter in one of these fonts using a large size (255 is usually the maximum) and you'll have a black-and-white picture ready to print and color!
• You can also make any font traceable by either using a light gray color. Also try the "emboss" or "engrave" options in your font style menu. They won't be the traditional dotted, but they'll be lighter and act as guides.